Tuesday, January 15, 2008

From the beginning

So, I guess I feel like I should tell you where I am now with my life. Not necessarily the trip here but what my life consists of at this point. My husband, Mike, and I have been married for 9 years in February. Our little family became whole when our son Jack Henry Smith was born on June 7, 2006. We tried for almost 4 years to get pregnant and FINALLY it happened. I know there are couples who have tried for so much longer to have a child so we feel truly blessed that it only took us as long as it did. My sister, Salley, and I are both adopted so the thought of having to adopt to have children was absolutely fine with me. I admit, I REALLY wanted to go through the whole pregnancy experience but I was ok with the idea of not being able to. So we live in Southaven, MS now and after 1 year of living here we are finally beginning to settle in. Amazing how long that takes especially when you have a child. Jack was only 7 months old when we moved here so things stayed a little hectic at first. Not that things have really slowed down at all. Jack is 19 months old and constantly on the go like any 19 month old. Mike works from home and I am a stay at home mom so we see each other ALL DAY! The only other married couple I know of that is together all day is my parents and they have been married for, gosh, 43 years almost. My dad is an attorney, private practice, and my mother is his office manager/administrative assistant. I don't know how they do it. Mike and I just have to really stick to our "rules" of basically doing our jobs and staying away from the other as much as possible. It was hard at first to not ask him for any help with Jack. Like, when I needed to run out to the store and didn't want to load up Jack for a 5 minute trip. Still, I had to remember that Mike was "at work" and not "at home". See, gets a little tough. Anyway, we manage. Things can get a little crazy around here though. I am sure you can understand that.

No comments: